Tuesday, July 10, 2007

At a wedding

Here's Azfar's sister-in-law Urmi and I, all dressed up in saris for a wedding--Dipu's friend's wedding. Urmi let me borrow her jewelry for the wedding. The basic rule for jewelry in Bangladesh is: the bigger it is and the more sparkly it is, the better! I can't say that this is exactly my taste in jewelry, but I don't mind getting decked out every once in a while. I still can't get the hang of a sari, though. It's one huge piece of cloth wrapped around you (and the secret behind holding it together is using lots of safety-pins). I still have no idea how to put one on. I always need help. And I tend to feel like it's going to fall off if I move the wrong way. I'm definitely into the salwar-kamis, though. They're extremely comfortable, and my favorite part is: drawstring pants! I'm don't think I'll ever feel like going back to jeans again.

1 comment:

Ken Tennyson said...

You two look beautiful!!