Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A great Eid celebration

Eid was on Sunday, and we had a great family celebration! Azfar's sister Rosy and her husband Shafique came down from Rajshahi, and their son Akash (he's in the picture with Azfar above), and Azfar's (6 months pregnant) sister Rumi was there, and of course his brother Dipu and sister in law Urmi, and their kids Jasra and Audry and amma and abba. I bought matching saris for the sisters and I (we're wearing them in the picture below). And I got Salma and Jasra some matching saris too. (Check them out in their saris in the photo below--with belly buttons protruding and all...aren't they cute?)
Salma and Jasra got a bunch of matching outfits as gifts, so we spent half the day dressing them up in their matching outfits and taking photos of them. And we ate lots of food, of course. Everyone breaks their month-long fast on Eid day, so hence the FOOD is a big focus for the day--everyone pigs out! And the food was fabulous. My favorite Eid dish is a dessert called "shemai" which has milk and sweet vermicelli. I ate a bunch of it! Anyway, we spent about a week at amma and abba's house, and we generally had a fun time just spending time together as a family. Now school is open again, and it's back to the grind! (Sigh...)

1 comment:

Ken Tennyson said...

Those are some cute outfits!!!