Friday, April 24, 2009

Welcome warm weather!

Ok, I have come to realize that Oklahoma weather is absolutely CRAZY. We went through weeks when it was 35 degrees one day, followed by 80 degrees the next day, followed by a hail storm the following day, and 60 mph winds the day after. I spent several months trying to figure out what season we're in!

Then all of a sudden, this week: BAM. Welcome summer. The swimming pool at our apartment complex is open. The weather is a balmy 80-90 degrees, and I'm wishing my air conditioning in my van worked better. What the #@@$%%?? Not that I'm complaining. We've spent the last two afternoons basking in the sunshine at the swimming pool, and I've already got a mild sunburn. Suddenly it's very nice to be living in Oklahoma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quote from my friend Lynn Green (Oklahoma City): "Oklahoma has four seasons, any three of which can occur on the same day."